Language: Spanish, English, and Japanese.
The new collection “Flamenco Guitar. Treatise of Accompaniment to El Cante” in DVD format with booklet, reveals the secrets of the great master accompanists of flamenco, offering unique and innovative material in flamenco pedagogy.
Aimed for new guitarists and professionals, it offers the opportunity to analyze and interpret falsetas, remates, different accompaniment tricks, different rasgueos, and chords depending on the chosen guitarist and his era.
But this is not the greatest surprise, as if this was not enough, this production is outstanding because it also contains the vocals (a cappella, without guitar accompaniment) of the greatest flamenco masters available to us. A luxury for those guitarists who were not contemporaries of the great flamenco singers or those of us who have not had the opportunity to accompany them.
The masters included in this treatise are:
Each style is presented in six different ways:
- Seguiriya de Dádiz (Aurelio Sellés voice, Enrique del Melchor guitar style)
- Seguiriya de Enrique el Mellizo (Antonio Mairena voice, Sabicas guitar style)
- Seguiriya de Silverio (Enrique Morente voice, Tomatito guitar style)
- Serrana (Fosforito voice, Paco de Lucía guitar style)
- Seguiriya de Cabal Silverio (Rafael Moreno voice, Niño Ricardo guitar style)
- Seguiriya de Jerez (Agujetas voice, Melchor de de Marchena guitar style)
The different videos show the guitarist David Leiva interpreting all of the accompaniment styles, chord diagrams, 12 beat cycle so as to follow where we are at each moment, and the musical notation with bar numbers so as to be able to refer to the score. 6 audio options: – Guitar+percussion+cante, – Guitar+cante, – Guitar+percussion, – Guitar, – Percussion+cante, – Percussion